I decided to jump on board with #2017makenine and finally narrowed it down. Originally I wanted to concentrate on patterns I already had, however my closet is in need of some basic staples and that is how I came up with this list.
1. Pippa Wrap Dress Designer Stitch – I have loved this dress since I first saw the tester call last year, however we were out of the country and I was unable to test the Pippa Wrap Dress. After seeing Kim, from Sweet Red Poppy‘s, version I immediately bought the pattern. I adore the shape this wrap dress has and those sleeves are a dream.
2. Santa Fe Top Hey June– This is another pattern I purchased last year after release but never made. Here in Florida our summers come early and last long which means sleeveless shirts are a must.
3. Taylor Shorts Green Style– I realized last summer that I only had a handful of shorts I really liked and I wore those same ones all summer long. I love that there are different inseams to this pattern and even a skirt option if I want.
4. Cut Out Halter Top Salme– I just think this is a beautiful top and something that I can stay cool in all summer long.
5. Ginger Jeans Closet Case Patterns– I am in a constant search for the perfect fitting pair of jeans. So I decided instead of continuing to buy jeans I am not happy with I will just make some that fit my body.
6. Davie Dress Sewaholic– This dress just looks comfortable. I tend to wear more dresses during the summer and I see this being very versatile.
7. Bridgetown Backless Dress Sew House Seven– I am a sucker for an open back dress and this pattern is no exception. This dress will be perfect for summer dates with the husband.
8. Cheyenne Tunic Hey June– I have never seen a Cheyenne Tunic I didn’t like so why not join the fun and make one for myself 🙂
9. Isla Bikini Laela Jeyne Patterns– Like sleeveless shirts I also spend the majority of the summer in a swimsuit at the beach. I want a suit that is flattering but also practical for chasing my littles. Up until last year I was too nervous to sew swimwear but after making my daughter a swimsuit last year, I really want a matching suit.
Well there you have it, my make nine choices for 2017. I hope you like them!! I am planning on blogging in detail about each one as I make them so be sure to keep in touch.
You can follow along with all my behind the seams sewing on Instagram
*This post contains affiliate links